Business Owners Encouraged to Apply for Facade Improvement Grant
The City continues to accept applications for the Façade Improvement Grant Program, which assists business owners with exterior storefront improvement costs. Businesses along 37th Avenue NE, 37th Place NE, 40th Avenue NE, University Avenue NE, or Central Avenue NE are eligible to apply for the grant to be reimbursed for up to 50 percent of improvement costs.
Eligible improvements include:
- Architectural Improvements
- Canopy or Awning Installation or Repair
- Exterior Lighting
- Exterior Painting, Re-siding, or Professional Cleaning
- Green Façade Improvement (i.e. Living Wall, ecofriendly [non-VOC] paint, reclaimed wood, etc.)
- Installation of New or Renovated Attached Signage (Excluding LED)
- Masonry Repairs or Tuck-pointing
- Replacement of Windows and Doors
- Restoration of Exterior Finishes and Materials
- Any other exterior façade improvement physically attached to the primary structure approved by the EDA
The maximum reimbursement amount through the grant is $5,000. The application and additional details are available here.