Mayor & City Council
The City of Columbia Heights is governed by a five-member council, consisting of a mayor and four council members who are elected at large on a nonpartisan basis. The mayor serves a two-year term, with councilmembers serving staggered, four-year terms. Elections are held in November of even-number years.
The City of Columbia Heights is a charter city and as such has a City Charter that determines the procedures of city government in accordance with state statutes and the Minnesota State Constitution. Under this charter, the city has adopted the council-manager form of government. The City Council appoints the City Manager, who is the chief administrative officer for the City.
For general questions about the City Council, mayor, or City Council meetings, please contact City Clerk Sara Ion at 763-706-3611.
- Meetings take place at 6 pm - City Hall Council Chambers, 3989 Central Avenue NE, Columbia Heights, MN 55421.
- Council Work Sessions are on the first Monday, and Council Meetings are on the second and fourth Monday of every month. 2024 City Council Meeting Schedule.
- Meetings are open to the public and are streamed live online (and can be replayed anytime) here, and are also accessible via Microsoft Teams. City Council meetings are broadcasted live on Cable Channel 16. Meeting replays are scheduled for 9 am and 6 pm daily (except for when the Council meeting is taking place).
- Members of the public may participate in a City Council Meeting in-person or virtually. For more information on speaking at a meeting visit the Participate in City Council Meetings page.
- Members of the public can attend meetings via Teams (Second Monday Meeting or Fourth Monday Meeting).
|Amáda Márquez Simula
|Rachel James Councilmember
|Justice Spriggs Councilmember