4757 7th St.
About McKenna Park
This is one of the most highly used parks in the City with multiple ballfields, a wading pool, and playground. The park building is used in the summer for the Recreation Department youth programs, and is one of the parks that you can enjoy the Puppet Wagon Puppet Shows. The building is available for a rental fee for private events. The wading pool is monitored by the Public Works Department and is generally open every day in June, July, and August. This parks hosts many types of youth ball games including baseball, t-ball, softball, soccer, and football. In the winter both a skating rink and the hockey rink are available. Call Public Works for maintenance concerns (763-706-3700).
- Playground • Wading pool
- Picnic tables • Benches
- Park building • Ballfields
- Hockey rink • Skating rink
- Basketball court • Soccer field
- Sliding hill
Park reservations begin on the first business day of each year. A permit must be filled out and brought to the Recreation Office located at John P. Murzyn Hall, 530 Mill Street, (763) 706-3730. Payment must be received in order to complete the reservation. The park reservation fees are as follows:
• Residents: $50
• Non-Residents: $75
• Large Groups 100 people or more (resident or not): $125
Park reservations become non-refundable within one month of your reserved date.
If you bring your pet with you please keep the following things in mind:
- pets must be led by a suitable leash-make sure your pet license and all vaccinations are up to date
- clean up after your pet, doggie stations appear throughout the City so please use them; use it for pet cleanup only please
- dogs are not allowed on the public beach or into any park waters
- fenced in ball fields are not places to let your dog off of their leash
10.201 PROHIBITED CONDUCT ON PARK PROPERTY.
(L) No person shall be permitted to take any pet into any park unless it is led by a suitable leash, and in no case shall any person allow or bring any dog owned or attended by him upon any bathing beach or into any park waters, or upon any skating rink, or in any park building whether the dog is leashed or otherwise, unless so authorized in writing by the Public Works Director.
For all park maintenance concerns or vandalism reports please contact the Public Works Department at (763) 706-3700.