The Hylander Center is a gymnasium and exercise room facility run by the City of Columbia Heights. It was built in 2009 in partnership with the Columbia Heights School District adjacent to the High School. The Hylander Center, East Gym, is open to the public during scheduled times. Please see the Hylander Center Calendar for availability. Occassionally Open Gym hours will vary due to Recreation Programs. Please watch the Hylander Center Calendar and posted notices for updates.
General rates: $1 daily drop in, $10 monthly pass for Columbia Heights residents, and $20 monthly pass for non-residents. The exercise room contains two treadmills, three elliptical machines, and various weight machines.
Hylander Center - East
1300 49th Avenue, Door #38
Office: (763) 528-4495
Open Gym & Fitness Room Hours - Please click on Hylander Center Calendar above.
The Hylander Center open gym and exercise room hours below may vary.
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Monday - Thursday 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm (PM Open Gym exceptions - see online calendar)
- Saturday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Sunday - 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Closed for holidays and tournaments and certain Recreation Programs