Minneapolis has lifted its odd/even watering restrictions. We will update this page if anything changes.
Because Columbia Heights purchases water from the City of Minneapolis, it enacts all water-use restrictions when notified by Minneapolis of a change. Ongoing hot and dry weather had led to extremely high water demands prompting Minneapolis to implement an odd-even day watering restriction this summer to help ease the high demand on the Mississippi River. The restrictions have been lifted. For more information, go here.
Water Conservation Tips
- Water during the coolest part of the day to avoid evaporation.
- Water grass only when it needs it. Most lawns only need an inch of water a week.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators.
- Take shorter showers using low-flow showerheads instead of baths.
- Turn the faucet off while you shave or brush your teeth.
- Load dishes into the dishwasher without rinsing them.
- Run the dishwasher only when it's fully loaded.
- Fill the sink to wash dishes by hand instead of letting the water run.
- Use a large pan to clean vegetables rather than letting the water run.
- Only wash full loads of laundry
- Use Rain Barrels to collect and use rainfall water