There are no watering restrictions at this time.
Because Columbia Heights purchases water from the City of Minneapolis, it enacts all water-use restrictions when notified by Minneapolis of a change. For more information, go here.
Water Conservation Tips
- Water during the coolest part of the day to avoid evaporation.
- Water grass only when it needs it. Most lawns only need an inch of water a week.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators.
- Take shorter showers using low-flow showerheads instead of baths.
- Turn the faucet off while you shave or brush your teeth.
- Load dishes into the dishwasher without rinsing them.
- Run the dishwasher only when it's fully loaded.
- Fill the sink to wash dishes by hand instead of letting the water run.
- Use a large pan to clean vegetables rather than letting the water run.
- Only wash full loads of laundry
- Use Rain Barrels to collect and use rainfall water