Please look at our calendar for a full list of our current programs; some of the programs listed below are not being offered right now. Check in often for schedule changes. For in-person activities, face coverings and social distancing are required.
Author Talks- Sisters in Crime Panel Senior Surf Computer Class
The library offers a full range of programming for adults:
- Adult Book Club - The adult book club meets on the third Wednesday of the month to discuss a variety of good books. Join us for reading, conversation, and laughter. Become a regular every month or join us for your favorite book. Visit the page for the current titles and dates. Adult Book Club is meeting on Zoom in the Spring.
- At Home Service - brings the library to you if you are unable to visit due to illness, disability, or visual impairment. At Home Service provide personalized selection of materials, and convenient delivery, and longer lending periods. If you are interested in more information or in signing up, ask for Cortni the Adult Services Librarian.
- Author Visits - The Library brings in local authors for readings, discussions, and book signings. Watch the calendar for upcoming events. Author events are not taking place right now.
- Buddy Up and Read - Buddy up and Read is a program to help adults improve literacy skills and build confidence, self-sufficiency, and productivity as students, employees and community members. The program matches readers with volunteers who provide one-on-one mentoring for adults who are looking to improve their reading skills. Buddy Up and Read is not being offered right now.
- Conversation Circles - Conversation Circles is a program for new English speakers to practice their language skills with other native and non-native speakers. It meets every Monday from 6-7 pm on Zoom, and is hosted by the Metro North Adult Basic Education Center.
- Senior Surf -
Mark your calendar for the first Wednesday of the month! Get hands-on computer experience with help from representatives of the Senior LinkAge Line. Learn computer basics, how to navigate and search the Internet and how to access websites of interest to seniors. Register online or call (763) 706-3690. Presented in collaboration with the Minnesota Board on Aging and the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging. Senior Surf is not being offered right now.