Absentee Voting means voting by mail or in-person before Election Day. Absentee ballots are available 46 days before an election. Any eligible voter may choose to vote by absentee ballot for any reason.
2020 Absentee Voting Dates
Presidential Primary Election - Friday, January 17 - Monday, March 2
State Primary Election - Friday, June 2 - Monday, August 10
General Election - Friday, September 18 - Tuesday, November 1
Ways to Absentee Vote
1. Vote in-person at Columbia Heights City Hall
During regular hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
During the extended hours listed below:
Presidential Primary Election:
- Saturday, February 29: 10 am - 3 pm
- Monday, March 2: 8 am - 5 pm
State Primary Election:
- Saturday, August 8: 10 am - 3 pm
- Monday, August 10: 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday, October 31: 10 am - 3 pm
- Monday, November 2: 8 am - 5 pm
2. Vote by mail
There are 2 options to apply to vote absentee by mail.
You may apply online at mnvotes.org and your ballot will be mailed to you from Anoka County Elections.
You may download a copy of the absentee ballot application and return it to Anoka County by one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (763) 324-1160
- Address: 2100 3rd Ave Ste. C130; Anoka, MN 55303-5031.