Bulk and Trash Overflow Disposal
The intent of the City is to provide an easy disposal method for the occasional household overflow of trash, rubbish disposal from a small “Do It Yourself” remodeling projects, and bulk items such as furniture and mattresses. We follow the guidelines as set in the City’s Municipal Provided Service Code, Solid Waste Operating Policy.
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving will collect bulky items or rubbish including appliances and electronics.
- Use the online refuse support form to request a pickup, or leave a message on the automated refuse line at 763-706-3727.
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving, will contact you to discuss pricing and scheduling.
- Due to the increasing costs of refuse collection and disposal, material that must be trashed will be paid for by the property as it is thrown.
- Items that can be reused or recycled will be subsidized by the City using recycling grant funds, the contractor will discuss.
- Please visit the refuse updates page for current information about refuse service changes
- Please visit Re-use and Recycling Options for general information about local options for re-use and recycling of household goods
The hauler will pick up old mattresses free of charge through the City’s bulk recycling program. The items must be dry and free of any infestations. Residents must use the online refuse support form to request a pickup or leave a message on the automated refuse line at 763-706-3727. The mattress must belong to the property from which it is being recycled.
Family homes and duplexes/triplexes with large 90 gallon trash carts are allowed to dispose of three (3) additional large trash bags outside the cart. The material must have come from the property where picked up and it must be bagged, boxed, or bundled where practicable. For small DIY construction material and items, properties must use the online refuse support form to request a pickup or leave a message on the automated refuse line at 763-706-3727.
Family homes and multi-dwellings can dispose of bulk items. Items must come from the property where collected. Use the online refuse support form to request a pickup or leave a message on the automated refuse line at 763-706-3727 before placing the items out for disposal.
- Please consider recycling, selling, or donating items first; see our Re-use Information web page.
- Try to make items fit in the cart.
- Do not put anything on the curb until the evening before your pre-arranged pickup day with the hauler.
- The City’s refuse service is not intended to “clean up” after a large remodeling project, tenant moves, or eviction processes. Make your own arrangements for transport and disposal in these circumstances.