FOR TRASH OVERFLOW, RUBBISH, AND BULK DISPOSAL CALL 1-888-960-0008 BEFORE YOU THROW
The intent of the City is to provide an easy disposal method for the occasional household overflow of trash, rubbish disposal from a small “Do It Yourself” remodeling project (not to exceed 1.5 yards), and bulk items such as furniture and mattresses. Residents and/or property owners must call the refuse hauler at 1-888-960-0008 to schedule a pickup before putting any of these items out for disposal. We follow the guidelines as set in the City’s Municipal Provided Service Code, Solid Waste Operating Policy, and the current contract with Waste Management detailing disposal of extra trash, rubbish, and bulk items.
The hauler will pick up old mattresses free of charge through the City’s new bulk recycling program. The items must be dry and free of any infestations. Residents must call the hauler directly at 1-888-960-0008 to request pickup of a mattress. The mattress must belong to the property from which it's being recycled.
Family homes and duplexes/triplexes with “full service”, i.e. large 90 gallon trash carts, are allowed to dispose of an extra 1.5 yards of trash/rubbish (the equivalent of three large carts). Material must have come from the property where picked up and it must be bagged, boxed, or bundled where practicable. Properties must call the hauler at 1-888-960-0008 before placing material out for disposal no more than 24 hours from the scheduled date.
Family homes with “full service” and multi-dwellings can dispose of bulk items. Items must come from the property where collected. Properties must call the hauler at 1-888-960-0008 before placing the items out for disposal. Limited service properties are required to pay for anything outside of the cart when they schedule a pickup (unless it is being recycled). The City pays approximately $75 per ton for trash disposal. The cost of trash overflow, rubbish, and bulk is not passed on to properties with full service; it is paid directly out of the City refuse fund. Please keep this in mind and do not overuse this service to avoid increased refuse costs for all residents.
- Please consider recycling, selling, or donating items first; see our Re-use Information web page.
- Try to make items fit in the cart.
- Always call the hauler, Waste Management, at 1-888-960-0008 to ensure a timely pickup of items outside of the cart. Waste Management should pick up within three days of calling.
- Do not put anything on the curb until the evening before your pre-arranged pickup day with the hauler.
- The City’s refuse service is not intended to “clean up” after a large remodeling project, tenant moves, or eviction processes. Make your own arrangements for transport and disposal in these circumstances.