Get to know your neighbors and meet your local police and fire officials at National Night Out, an annual crime prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch. National Night Out is designed to strengthen neighborhood spirit, community bonds, and police-community partnerships while generating support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs.
The evening event is also used to gather donated food items to be given to Southern Anoka Community Assistance. The local food shelf collects the donations after officers have brought them back to the station.
Columbia Heights participates in National Night Out and the accompanying local Minnesota Nite to Unite every year. The Police Department has coordinated the event for decades, seeing the importance in connecting with the community to address crime and disorder, and helping residents in need.
- National Night Out is Aug 7, 2018
- Download a list of 2018 registered parties to find the one closest to you
- Download this flyer to let your neighbors know about your event.
- Download this form to request your street be blocked and let the Police and Fire Departments know about your gathering.
- Or go the official page: http://natw.org
For information regarding National Night Out in Columbia Heights including hosting your own event, please contact Officer Bill Monberg at (763) 706-8142.