Human Trafficking Information and Resources
Package Theft Prevention
More of us are doing our shopping online than ever before. When those packages get delivered and left on doorsteps, the opportunity increases for thieves to come along and steal them. We have some tips to help you avoid becoming a victim of package theft.
Take a minute to check out these prevention tips, and happy shopping!
- Ship your package to a location where someone you know will be available to receive it, like your work address or a neighbor’s home.
- Consider using other delivery options that may be available, such as having your package delivered to a secure locker or use the ‘ship to store’ option.
- Track your package and request an email, text or other alert about the status of delivery.
- Install a front door security camera.
- As a good neighbor, be alert and report all crime and suspicious activity. If you see a package being stolen from a neighbor’s home, call 911.
- If your package is stolen, report it by calling 911. We are actively trying to prevent and solve package thefts, and we need your help in letting us know when/where those crimes are occurring.
Officer Noll shares some of his experience gained from being a police officer for 11 years. The tips relate to person on person crimes (robbery, assaults and thefts). The article is available here.
Video from CHPD about door security and deadbolt locks
COP Officer Museus teams up with Patrol Officer Nightingale to talk about deadbolt locks. In this video the Officer Nightingale shows some simple but effective tips on increasing door security. Check out the video here.
What is Suspicious Activity?
The CHPD has made many arrests and solved several crimes as a result of 911 calls from its citizens. Patrol officers count on residents’ eyes and ears to help identify things that are out of place. Residents are encouraged to call 911 when they witness suspicious activity. The CHPD has a strong Neighborhood Watch Program with over 160 organized blocks. The program offers resources for citizens to address things like suspicious activity. For a helpful guide on what is suspicious and how to report it click here.
We have further information on:
Safe Exchange Zone