The 61st Annual Columbia Heights Lions Club Jamboree & carnival will be held from Wednesday, June 21st - Sunday, June 25th at Huset Park.
Sunday, June 11 • CH Queen Candidates Meet & Greet 1 - 3 p.m. @ Tasty Pizza, gift basket raffle
Wednesday, June 21 • Tasty Pizza Medallion Hunt - Clues posted daily, 11:00 a.m. & 5:00 p.m. @ Tasty Pizza and on Facebook. $1,000 prize!
Thursday, June 22 • FREE Kids Fishing Clinic 6 - 8 p.m. @ Huset Park West (must pre-register 50 max) See below for details.
• Lions Beer Garden 5 p.m. - close
• Carnival 5 p.m. - Close **Jamboree Carnival $2 admission per person, kids FREE. No bikes, scooters, skate boards, or dogs inside the carnival.
Friday, June 23 • Jamboree Parade 6 - 8 p.m., The Parade begins at 45th & Central Ave., and proceeds south to 40th Ave., ending at 5th St.
• Lions Beer Garden 5 p.m. - 12 midnight
• Joe Macko & his squeeze box 8 p.m. @ the Lions Beer Garden
• Carnival 1 p.m. - Close **$2 admission, kids FREE
Saturday, June 24 • Athletic Boosters Heights Hustle 5K Run/Walk 7:30 a.m. check in, 8:30 a.m. race @ CHHS Track - register at www.chathleticboosters.com - online preferred
• Art Fest (craft fair) 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. @ Murzyn Hall *Interested Vendors please call 763-706-3730
• Jams and More: A Tasting Event 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. @ Murzyn Hall
• Kids Art Class FREE! 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. @ Murzyn Hall. (must pre-register 50 max) See below for details.
• Bags Tournament 12:00 p.m. @ Beer Garden
• Local Band Skipdilly 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. @ Heights Idol Stage (if inclement weather, inside Murzyn Hall)
• Heights Idol @ 6:30 p.m. outside of Murzyn Hall if rain inside hall.
• Adult Softball Tournament all day & the Home-Run Derby 7 p.m. @ Huset Park
• Lions Beer Garden 10 a.m. - 12 midnight
• Carnival 11 a.m. - Close **$2 admission, kids FREE
• Fireworks dusk (if rain, Sunday at dusk)
Sunday, June 25 • Adult Softball Tournament
• CH Lions Waffle breakfast 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. @ Murzyn Hall
• CH Royalty Coronation 1 p.m. @ CH High School
• Carnival 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. **$2 admission, kids FREE
• Lions Beer Garden 12 noon - 6 p.m.
**Jamboree Carnival $2 admission per person, kids FREE. No bikes, scooters, skate boards, or dogs inside the carnival.
CH Royalty Applications
Coronation June 25th Little Miss /Junior Miss / Miss Columbia Heights
JAMBOREE Hotline 763-706-3789 updated in May
Questions? Contact the CH Lions Club: Sean C. 612-599-6784 or Don L. 612-508-9866
CH Lions information https://www.columbiaheightslions.com/heightsjamboree2017
Jamboree Parade Application http://columbiaheightslions.com/
FREE JAMBOREE EVENTS
FREE Kids Fishing Clinic - Thursday, June 22, 2017. 6:00-8:00 p.m. @ Huset Park West (By the Splashpad).
Todd Murawski and experienced anglers from Anoka County will teach basic fishing skills, casting, lure selection, fish ID and fishing safety. Todd has been teaching for Anoka County Parks for more 20 years. His goal is always for kids to have fun while learning outdoor skills and leave the program excited about getting out to the lakes to go fishing! All equipment will be provided and no experience is required. *Registration is required with a limit of 50 youth for this event. Parents/Guardians must chaperon their children. Register at www.chreconline.org Session# 5097-17
FREE Kids Art Class - Saturday, June 24th, 2017. 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. @ Murzyn Hall.
Under the direction of Artist and Creative Director - Ariane Kokes of Created To Grow in St. Anthony, MN. She was also an art teacher at Northpark Elementary for years and will be returning this fall. She will teach youth a 2 part project - one that will be a collaborative semi-permanent installation project that would allow all community members to work together to create Mosaic Stumps as well as a Make and Take project - Painted Terra Cotta Gnomes Huts/Bird Feeders. *Registration is required with a limit of 50 youth for this event. Parents/Guardians must chaperon children. Please note: There will be an ArtFest (Craft Fair) going on inside Murzyn Hall also on this Saturday from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Vendors will have their artwork, crafts, etc…for sale. Register at www.chreconline.org Session# 5098-17